Expertise in GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G and other mobile systems
Unwired Insight can draw on mobile industry experience spanning 30 years, including the development, standardisation and implementation of GSM, DECT, UMTS and LTE by major equipment manufacturers and network operators. We provide analysis and consultancy on the latest wireless technologies and systems, including HSPA+, LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G.
We can provide expert support on a range of mobile systems and standards, including:
- GSM, GPRS and EDGE
- UMTS and WCDMA
- HSPA and HSPA+
- LTE and LTE-Advanced
- IS-95 and CDMA2000
- DECT and CT2
- paging systems
A proven track record and dependable approach
Unwired Insight has worked with legal teams on a variety of intellectual property matters related to wireless technologies, mobile networks and handsets. Some of the activities we have undertaken include:
- explaining the operation of mobile systems, or specific aspects of mobile systems
- characterising the state-of-the-art in particular areas of mobile communications at different points in time
- identifying the concepts embodied in prior art documents
- performing detailed analysis of 3GPP, 3GPP2, IEEE and other standards
- establishing the core ideas contained in mobile technology patents
- providing independent opinion on the novelty and obviousness of patents
- assessing the essentiality of patents to mobile network standards, including UMTS and LTE
- considering the infringement of patents by telecommunication products
- producing technical reports for submission as evidence
- undergoing cross examination in court.
Dr Alastair Brydon has given evidence in the High Court in London in high profile cases including Nokia vs IPCom (2011), Apple vs HTC (2012), Vringo vs ZTE (2014) and Philips vs Asus/HTC (2018). He has also made declarations to the US Patent and Trademark Office in the case of Nokia vs Blackberry (2018).
Based on our wide experience and rigorous approach, you can rely on Unwired Insight to provide high quality, independent expert witness support. Our strengths include:
- Technical expertise. A broad background in wireless technologies and mobile systems, including PhD-level research, European research programmes and senior roles in the technology departments of network operators and equipment manufacturers.
- Involvement in standardisation. Personal experience of ETSI standards committees.
- Analysis of recent technologies. Unwired Insight provides consultancy and writes extensively on the development and deployment of new technologies, including HSPA, HSPA+, LTE and LTE-Advanced.
- Formal writing. After producing more than 40 major reports on wireless technologies and services for senior executives in the mobile industry, we are accustomed to explaining complex concepts clearly and concisely in the English language, providing detailed analysis of technical issues and drawing out firm conclusions.
- Face-to-face communications. With a track record of presenting to international conferences, senior executives, investors, lawyers and students, you can rely on us to present relevant information clearly and confidently to large or small audiences.
- Flexible, personable approach. We understand the pressures faced by legal teams and we will work flexibly, respond quickly and deliver high-quality results on time, even with challenging deadlines.
- Experience of cross examination. Having appeared in the High Court in London, we know what to expect if your case comes to trial.
For more information, or to discuss how we could support you in intellectual property matters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0) 1480 819391. You can trust us to handle your query discreetly and to give an honest opinion on whether we have the right expertise to help.