Expert advice on mobile technologies and services
With many years’ experience at the heart of the mobile industry, Unwired Insight is able to offer a wide range of services, including:
- explaining the operation of complex technologies in plain language
- interpreting technical standards and specifications
- evaluating business cases for new technologies
- comparing options for the evolution of mobile networks
- examining the benefits of new network architectures
- assessing commercial opportunities for new mobile services
- developing market entry strategies for emerging technologies and services
- researching and documenting wireless technology developments
- reviewing mobile system intellectual property
- acting as an expert witness.
We pride ourselves on clear communication of our findings in reports, presentations or informal discussions.
Analysis of diverse wireless technologies
Unwired Insight can draw on experience spanning the development, standardisation, and deployment of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G mobile systems over the last 25 years. We have successfully undertaken projects related to a wide variety of technologies, as summarised in the table below:
|Cellular systems||GSM, W-CDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-Advanced, IS-95, cdma2000, 5G|
|Broadband wireless access||IEEE 802.20, WiMAX|
|Short range wireless access||Bluetooth, NFC, UWB, WiFi|
|Mobile TV and broadcasting||DAB-IP, DMB, DVB-H, TDtv|
|Network architecture||femtocells, picocells, SAE|
|Network capabilities||IMS, UMA, VoIP|
For more information on our experience, please visit our Credentials page.
High value activities for a wide range of customers
The services offered by Unwired Insight are best illustrated by real examples of the work we have undertaken since 2001, including:
- Researching and writing over 40 major reports on the exploitation of mobile technologies and services, covering topics such as: the evolution from GSM through W-CDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE and LTE-Advanced; the challenges of mobile data growth; the delivery of mobile TV and video; mobile network sharing; the business cases for femtocells and picocells; the role of WiMAX; and much more. Our reports have been sold in large numbers around the world to a variety of organisations with an interest in the mobile industry. Visit our Reports page for more details.
- Advising investors on the impact of mobile data growth on network investment, on behalf of a leading European bank.
- Over a three year period, analysing major trends in mobile technology and services for the world’s largest manufacturer of semiconductors.
- Appearing in the High Court in London as expert witness in high profile litigation relating to mobile networks, handsets and services.
- Evaluating the opportunities for a number of start-up companies offering new technologies and services to the mobile industry and defining market entry strategies to maximise their potential.
- Undertaking market research on the opportunities for new data services for broadband wireless enabled mobile devices, for the leading Japanese mobile network operator.
- Advising major international law firms on the technical content of mobile technology patents relating to GSM, DECT, UMTS and LTE.
- Producing articles on new developments in wireless technologies and services. Examples of recent topics discussed in our Wireless Blog can be found below.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0) 1480 819391.