We’ll help you define a robust telecom strategy
We can help you define a robust telecom strategy, which is formed from the solid foundations of:
- an in-depth knowledge of the telecommunications market, in the UK and worldwide
- rigorous analysis of market data and market intelligence
- unique insight into the telecommunications market, gained from many years of experience in mobile network operator and telecom equipment vendors.
Please read our Wireless Blog, which demonstrates the areas of telecom strategy that we specialise in. Recent hot topics including 4G/LTE strategy, mobile broadband strategy and spectrum strategy.
Telecom strategy projects
Examples of telecom strategy projects that we have undertaken for different types of organisation are shown below.
- New business plan for O2. We undertook a cross-company project, involving Finance, Sales and Marketing and Technology departments, to challenge O2′s existing business plan and investment plan. We presented a rigorous analysis of the UK mobile market and O2′s competitors. We facilitated Board-level workshops, resulting in the approval of a new, more aggressive business plan.
- BSkyB’s mobile entry strategy. Working closely with the Director of Business Development, we supported the development and implementation of BSkyB’s mobile market-entry strategy. This work involved the creation of compelling service propositions, in-depth analysis and business modelling and support to mobile network operator negotiations. The work resulted in the successful launch of several mobile services.
- Mobile market strategy for NXT. We supported the development of a mobile market strategy for a technology company possessing a novel capability that could be incorporated within mobile handsets. We presented to Board members a thorough analysis of the global mobile market and an evaluation of the opportunities for them. The technology has now been successfully incorporated into mobile phones.
- Development of strategy for a mobile application service provider. We provided comprehensive analysis of the mobile market and specific opportunities for a mobile application service provider. We evaluated a number of business models to identify the best one. As well as identifying the best business partners, we facilitated introductions to mobile network operators and system integrators.
- 3G strategy for the Board of Virgin. We provided the Virgin Board with an independent, in-depth assessment of the mobile market and the specific opportunities for them. We developed business models for specific opportunities, particularly around 3G services. We presented to many investors on behalf of Virgin and facilitated partnerships between Virgin and other companies, including retailers, broadcasters and mobile network operators.
For more information, or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us today.