GSM, UMTS and LTE expert witness support
Our expert witnesses were directly involved in the development, standardisation and deployment of second-generation (e.g. GSM) and third-generation (e.g. UMTS) cellular systems as well as second-generation cordless telephone systems (e.g. DECT).
More recently they have written extensively and provided consultancy on new technologies including HSPA, HSPA+, LTE and WiMAX.
We offer in-depth expertise on many wireless systems and technologies, including:
- paging systems
- GSM and GPRS
- UMTS and WCDMA
- HSPA and HSPA+
- IS-95 and CDMA2000
You can rely on us
We can be relied upon to present clear analysis and fact-based arguments to solicitors, barristers and judges.
We have worked with leading legal experts in major IPR disputes for several years. We have a number of strengths:
- Technical expertise. Our team members have PhDs in telecommunications, long track records in R&D and many years of technical experience in network operators and equipment manufacturers.
- Background in standardisation. We have been actively involved in the development and standardisation of GSM, DECT and UMTS systems.
- Commercial experience. With many years of experience in equipment manufacturers and network operators, we have an understanding of the commercial value of IPR.
- Report writing. Having produced over 40 major reports on wireless technology for senior executives in the mobile industry, we are accustomed to explaining complex concepts clearly and concisely in the English language, and drawing firm conclusions.
- Presentation. With a track record of presenting at international conferences, we can be relied on to present relevant information clearly and confidently.
- Flexibility and team working. We understand the pressures faced by legal teams and we have extensive experience of working flexibly, responding quickly and delivering high-quality results on time, even with challenging deadlines.
- Cross examination. With experience of cross examination in the High Court in London, we know what to expect when your case comes to trial.
For more information, or to discuss how we could support you in intellectual property matters, please contact us.