Consultancy on the latest telecommunication trends
We can advise you based upon an in-depth understanding of the latest trends and developments in the telecom industry. Our telecom experts have been at the heart of the wireless telecoms industry since the 1980s, having had influential roles in:
- the development of wireless standards
- the deployment, and enhancement, of mobile networks
- investment planning, in excess of GBP2 billion in value
- business cases for new products and services
- the commercial launch of leading-edge services and technologies.
Please view our Wireless Blog for examples of the areas we cover. Recent hot topics include 4G/LTE strategy, services and deployment, mobile broadband and spectrum.
Example telecommunication consultancy projects
Here are just a few of the telecommunication consultancy projects we have undertaken:
- Mobile services launches by BSkyB. We worked closely with the Director of Business Development to develop BSkyB’s new business in mobile services. We defined service propositions, developed viable business models and supported mobile network operator negotiations.
- Presentation to investors on the outlook for mobile operator CAPEX. On behalf of Deutsche Bank, we analysed the traffic growth on 3G networks and its impact on mobile network CAPEX, presenting this to private equity investors and financial analysts.
- Development of Virgin’s mobile business. We worked with the Virgin Board to develop Virgin’s mobile business. We provided in-depth analysis of the mobile market and the opportunities for Virgin. We developed innovative business models and facilitated partnerships with other organisations, such as Tesco and mobile network operators.
- Support to a venture capital company evaluating a mobile TV investment. We advised a venture capital company, considering investment in a mobile content aggregator. We provided comprehensive analysis of the target company and its market and competitors.
- Launch of the first UK pre-paid service. We presented a pre-paid mass-market service opportunity to the Chief Marketing Officer. We provided detailed market analysis of the business opportunity, including case studies of where the service had been successfully implemented worldwide. O2 became the first UK operator to offer the service, which had a major impact on its market share.
- Review of Intel’s strategic options in the mobile industry. For Intel, we undertook an in-depth evaluation of mobile broadband, fixed broadband and WiFi services globally, including pricing and marketing. We also worked with Intel to define and quantify plausible scenarios for the evolution of the global wireless industry.
- Evaluation of the best mobile services for NTT DoCoMo. We undertook a comprehensive evaluation of mobile services globally, to identify the ten most successful services. For each service, we provided an in-depth assessment, which included interviews with the associated companies. We also identified partnership opportunities for NTT DoCoMo.
For more information on our telecommunication consultancy services, or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.