Telecom report: Scenarios for the Future of the Global Wireless Industry
The wireless industry needs to prepare for major changes ahead. We have defined three plausible scenarios for the future of the global wireless industry, building on emerging trends that can be witnessed today. For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 1480 819391.
Telecom report overview
To prepare organisations for the potentially radical changes and challenges that lie ahead, this telecom report studies emerging trends in the industry and focuses on five broad areas that will have a major influence on its future direction.
- Voice telephony – how trends such as price competition and regulation, fixed-mobile substitution and VoIP will affect the usage of, and revenue from, voice services on wireless networks.
- Non-voice services – the evolution of the wireless service mix, and the extent to which they will become low-margin data pipes.
- Technology deployment – the future role of HSPA+ and LTE, and the impact of femtocells and network sharing.
- Industry structure and competition and the extent of future consolidation.
- The relative growth of developing and developed markets.
The report identifies and quantifies three plausible scenarios for the evolution of the global wireless industry, entitled:
- “Emerging Markets Thrive”
- “Cellular Goes Indoors”
- “Low-cost Data Pipes”.
The report discusses the implications of each scenario for industry players and identifies early indicators of the increased likelihood of each scenario.
For further information, please contact us.